Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SOMEONE ELSE'S TERM PROJECT COMMENTS

I chose to comment on Pedro's term presentation which was about P2P file sharing. I believed he clearly discussed important points about P2P file sharing. He explain what Utorrent and demonoin.com was which I personally didn't even know about even though I do download files from other programs and websites. He also discussed the different network generations such as napster which is a server client program, and Gnutella which doesn't use a central server. He also spoke about Limewire and how people prefer downloading music from programs like that because they can listen to samples and preview what they are getting, even though they are going against the copyright laws. However, I believe P2P file sharing in the music industry is a good thing specially for new artists who want to be known.
He discussed the Piratebay case, which I didn't know if and it was about this website was shut down for days due to copyright infringement and how its creators were sentenced to jail and fined for it, even though the site went back online and was not shut again.
What I remember the most from his presentation, that he asked when was the last night someone bought a CD, and I believe a lot of us just said that we download music instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment