Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THE NEXT NEW THING

Being late due to NYC transportation is very common. For that reason, I would love to have a new media form that allows me to know at what exact time each train is going to arrive at my station, or at a specific station, sent directly to my cell phone... This would be a great tool or feature that could help everyone to plan ahead or take a cab if the train is taking forever to arrive to a certain station due to any inconvenience such as sick passenger, train traffic, or anything else. I would assume that this new media form could be introduced by merging MTA communication tools and some sort of Google feature or Cell phone service provider feature, in order to determine where a certain train is and how long is it going to take it to get to the next train stop. Of course, I guess I would have to pay for this service in order to select the station and time periods I would want to receive alerts for but I'm sure it will save me a lot of trouble on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea, it would help us getting to destination easier. but it's not possible to predict any emergency situation like you mentioned about passenger sickness. Also if you google maps, they tell you how to get to your destination, which trains to take and where to trasnfer and how long it will take.

    ReplyDelete